Thursday January 7th - Crewe & Harpur

Dates, venue and information about the club's monthly meetings.

Moderator: Digga

Postby Admin » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:04 pm

** Please note the new venue for the meeting. **

The next LARF meeting will be held on -

Thursday January 7th 2015 at 8pm.

The Crewe & Harpur at Swarkestone.

Everyone welcome, members or just looking.

The Crewe & Harpur
Swarkestone
Derby
DE73 7JA

Tel - 01332 700641

Click for map
Do I look like I care?
Any complaints - contact Digga! :lol: :wink:
Admin Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby deano » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:29 pm

Bit of a puzzle as the pub meet was fine and a fiver for some good grub...now venue has changed another 10 miles north... :doh
deano Offline

Paid Member 2016
Paid Member 2016

Postby Admin » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:13 pm

deano wrote:Bit of a puzzle as the pub meet was fine and a fiver for some good grub...now venue has changed another 10 miles north... :doh

Not really a puzzle, there's been a thread running for almost three weeks (link) and not one alternative suggestion was put forward, nor was there even one post in support of staying at the current venue. If people don't make their views known, how can they be taken into account. I spent three evenings last year driving around looking at different pubs in the area that might be suitable. I wasn't prepared to do it this year for a variety of reasons, and no one else did, so we went with the only suggestion made. If it doesn't work out, we'll end up looking to move again I'm sure, but hopefully there'll be a bit more input next time.
Do I look like I care?
Any complaints - contact Digga! :lol: :wink:
Admin Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Digga » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:48 am

a general feeling of apathy me think's...

There wasn't that many comments regarding a new venue, no alternative suggestions put forward at all. Even now with the proposed new venue meet just a few short weeks away and there still isn't that many comments - good or bad.
"The day you become old is the day you're not looking for new experiences anymore."

"Quisque comoedus est."

perspicuus lux lucis , caligo umbra.
Digga Offline

*Mr. Chairman* Moderator
*Mr. Chairman*  Moderator

Postby bmk » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:03 am

Digga wrote:a general feeling of apathy me think's....

Unfortunately, I don't think you're wrong. :cry: When you look at the number of views to replies, you can see that people are reading but no one commenting. When Noel tried to organise a Chrimbo night out, there seemed little response, so after chatting we deceided on a Christmas lunch instead, which got even less response. When I then posted up asking for some feedback on why there was no interest, there's not been a single response despite 117 views of the thread.

In respect of the Kings Arms, I don't think it's an exagerration to say that for at least half the meetings this year there have been four or less of us sat there by 9.30pm. Certainly not what we've been used to in the past, but I've not heard one comment from anyone as to why they no longer attend. :(

"Style is not a decoration added to a functional structure, it is a work of art."
bmk Offline

Postby BLUE(UK) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:35 pm

I looked 120 times to be fair. 8-)
Then there's the guy who emails 50 questions about a 10 quid product, all of which could be answered by googling. So you answer and try to help, he emails again with more and you reply again. After the 5th email its obvious he doesnt actually want it and is basically wasting your time so you reply slower. Then he puts a post on a forum about how you're a twat because you're slow to reply so that whole process just costs you time and reputation, all because the bloke is a massive """"..
BLUE(UK) Offline

Paid Member 2016
Paid Member 2016

Postby bmk » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:20 pm

BLUE(UK) wrote:I looked 120 times to be fair. 8-)

That's the sort of thing we've come to expect from you. :twisted: :lol: ;)

"Style is not a decoration added to a functional structure, it is a work of art."
bmk Offline

Postby Side stand » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:44 pm

Hi All,

I will do my best to be there on 7th, I'm sure I'm working locally that day so that's a table for one so far :handgestures-thumbup:
Side stand Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby bmk » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:52 pm

Side stand wrote:Hi All,

I will do my best to be there on 7th, I'm sure I'm working locally that day so that's a table for one so far :handgestures-thumbup:

You definitely won't be on your own Paul, look forward to seeing you. :ugeek:

bmk Offline

Postby Digga » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:17 am

bmk wrote:
for at least half the meetings this year there have been four or less of us sat there by 9.30pm. (

and 1 week there was only one - DAMHIK - :lol: :lol:

( to be fair it was the wrong date :doh: )
"The day you become old is the day you're not looking for new experiences anymore."

"Quisque comoedus est."

perspicuus lux lucis , caligo umbra.
Digga Offline

*Mr. Chairman* Moderator
*Mr. Chairman*  Moderator

Postby Jon King » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:27 pm

will be coming to more meetings as much nearer now.
http://www.FunBikes.co.uk

:) :) :) (REPRODUCED UNDER LICENCE FROM B8PPJ)

Jon King Offline

Paid Member 2016
Paid Member 2016

Postby Noel » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:33 pm

Will be going to less meetings now as much further.
You can't take the Leicester out of LARF but you can take LARF out of Leicester.
Noel Offline

*Mr. Secretary*
*Mr. Secretary*

Postby bmk » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:47 pm

Noel wrote:Will be going to less meetings now as much further.
You can't take the Leicester out of LARF but you can take LARF out of Leicester.

Admin wrote:
deano wrote:Bit of a puzzle as the pub meet was fine and a fiver for some good grub...now venue has changed another 10 miles north... :doh

Not really a puzzle, there's been a thread running for almost three weeks (link) and not one alternative suggestion was put forward, nor was there even one post in support of staying at the current venue. If people don't make their views known, how can they be taken into account. I spent three evenings last year driving around looking at different pubs in the area that might be suitable. I wasn't prepared to do it this year for a variety of reasons, and no one else did, so we went with the only suggestion made. If it doesn't work out, we'll end up looking to move again I'm sure, but hopefully there'll be a bit more input next time.

This isn't a go at you personally Noel, as everyone is guilty, but if people don't want to get of their arse and put some input in, or do something about making things better for the club, then they shouldn't be surprised or moan if things aren't as they'd have preferred or hoped for.

Phil was the only person to suggest an alternative venue and on balance more people were for it than against it, so a decision was made. But, for every person that has further to drive, there, are others who have less to drive, and have also spent the past ten years driving often much further when we had meetings in Oadby or Leicester Forest East.

I'll be at the Crewe & Harpur on the 7th, and hopefully we'll have a good turnout, as attendance in recent months has been pretty piss poor to be honest.

bmk Offline

Postby Noel » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:31 pm

I did state that the new venue was not for me.
I also didn't have an issue with the Kings Arms.
But it would of been nice for others to of said there thoughts.

I'm not that active now and losing my bike mojo for many reasons and less committed to the LARF cause.
Noel Offline

*Mr. Secretary*
*Mr. Secretary*

Postby Side stand » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:20 pm

For those of us over Hinckley way happy to meet up somewhere central then go over in 1 or two cars. Planning on going tomorrow and picking Graham up from Dadlington if he's going so have a couple of seats spare if dadlington is a central enough spot?
Side stand Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Next

Return to Club Meetings