Alps 2013 Part 3 d'Izoard,Verdun,Parpaillon.

Open forum for ride reports, videos and photos of rideouts, etc.

Moderator: Digga

Postby 9_lives » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:10 am

Good read tony, the alps look great in the summer. We were in sestriere for a ski trip, it looks different now!
9_lives Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby Tonibe63 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:38 am

Thanks Ant :handgestures-thumbup: .
Sestriere had a nice feel to it but strangely quiet with not a lot going on out of season. The Assietta trail is just at the Eastern end of the town, well signposted and our favourite for great views above the clouds :D .
They've had quite a harsh winter by the state of some of the roads and the amount of repairs going on especially higher up where nobody seems to live during the summer. I did wonder if some of the gravel roads, that don't go to a ski village, will sooner or later not be repaired at all and if the Parpaillon Tunnel collapses I could see them just welding the metal doors shut.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a whole new World.
Tonibe63 Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby wideload » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:59 am

Top job Tony, thanks for doing it, and congrats to the photographer as well. As others have said I know what a ball ache it is to write it and load the photos!

I'm off to France next week for a few days looking at the WW1 sights near Reims.

Then its Moscow next year for my 50th.............
Wideload

Enjoy life, this is not a rehearsal
wideload Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby Tonibe63 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:36 pm

Thanks Chris, good to know you are still getting out on the bike :handgestures-thumbup: .

Some good ride reports on UKGSer at the minute about the war graves. We did catch sight of the Vimy memorial as we blatted along the Paege which is still impressive and brought back good memories of the Larf trip a few years ago.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a whole new World.
Tonibe63 Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby Tonibe63 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:38 am

wideload wrote:Top job Tony, thanks for doing it, and congrats to the photographer as well. As others have said I know what a ball ache it is to write it and load the photos!

I'm off to France next week for a few days looking at the WW1 sights near Reims.

Then its Moscow next year for my 50th.............

There's a Video series by a guy called Oisin Hughes doing the rounds but it keeps getting deleted off Farcebook and Youtube (rumours about Google and copyright infringemnets) http://vimeo.com/73388432.
I've watched up to Magadan and always thought his face was familiar and then realised he looks and sounds very much like the solo Irishman that Blue, Fossy and myself met on the ferry back in 2009 :think: .
It's no good, there's only one way of getting this 'shite outta moy heed', just need to sort out ....................... :shifty:
Tonibe63 Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby Bal » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:24 am

Hey Tony, just spotted this. Sorry to have to say it, but Awesome! Well done with the write up and all. Good to see the alpine bug isn't wearing off.
All the best, Bal
Bal Offline

Settling in.
Settling in.

Postby Digga » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:23 pm

Nice to see that you are still dropping in Bal :handgestures-thumbup:
"The day you become old is the day you're not looking for new experiences anymore."

"Quisque comoedus est."

perspicuus lux lucis , caligo umbra.
Digga Offline

*Mr. Chairman* Moderator
*Mr. Chairman*  Moderator

Postby Tonibe63 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:58 pm

Bal wrote:Hey Tony, just spotted this. Sorry to have to say it, but Awesome! Well done with the write up and all. Good to see the alpine bug isn't wearing off.
All the best, Bal

:lol: :lol: Thanks mate :handgestures-thumbup: .
Starting to think about 2014 holidays but worried we can't better 2013.
Maybe go further East towards Austria and the Dolomites :think:
Tonibe63 Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby bmk » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:48 pm

Tonibe63 wrote:Starting to think about 2014 holidays but worried we can't better 2013.

It doesn't need to be bigger and better, just different, you'll enjoy it just as much I'm sure. :lol: :lol:

"Style is not a decoration added to a functional structure, it is a work of art."
bmk Offline

Postby chris426f » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:34 pm

May have to do a bit of planning myself Tony....
Pressure NOT to use the Enduro next year, after my accident, is extremely strong...... 3 months off work is taking its toll.

Some hints that road touring 'may' get sanctioned if I'm a good boy though ;) .... So I may be coming for suggestions.... Given Norway was my first real tour, I think I've lots to go at :D :D :D

The above looked great!!!
chris426f Offline

Paid Member 2016
Paid Member 2016

Postby Tonibe63 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:44 pm

This was a Morocco trip from before you joined the forum Chris so you may have missed it http://www.larf.uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5323
Me & Louise also did a 10 day trip last year, we flew from Luton to Marrakech, hired a car and just toured around with nothing booked. I've got lots of info and also details of bike hire Companies if interested, just give me a shout.
Another one you may have missed is Blues trip of the Trans America Trail http://www.larf.uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7362
Tonibe63 Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby BLUE(UK) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:55 pm

Tonibe63 wrote:Another one you may have missed is Blues trip of the Trans America Trail http://www.larf.uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7362

I think this might be a bit too hardcore for such an old boy. ;)

Seriously, I think the potential for an accident/it going wrong over there is quite high especially since that a lot of the trails are fast going as well as technical stuff springing the odd surprise.
Then there's the guy who emails 50 questions about a 10 quid product, all of which could be answered by googling. So you answer and try to help, he emails again with more and you reply again. After the 5th email its obvious he doesnt actually want it and is basically wasting your time so you reply slower. Then he puts a post on a forum about how you're a twat because you're slow to reply so that whole process just costs you time and reputation, all because the bloke is a massive """"..
BLUE(UK) Offline

Paid Member 2016
Paid Member 2016

Previous

Return to Ride Reports