Lost presumed fed

Open forum for ride reports, videos and photos of rideouts, etc.

Moderator: Digga

Postby Tonibe63 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:23 pm

Last Tuesday my mate rang me to say he couldn't do Ashby Folville for family reasons so it was just a 'Billy no mates' evening for me but what a great evening it turned out to be 8-) .

Rushing to get out the door early I'd put on my old LARF shirt under my bike jacket which was later noticed by some dodgy bloke hanging around the bike park, turns out he was a mate of Blue's (need I say anymore) :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) . The usual bike talk ensued before we got talking about travelling. Stu slowly started telling me bits about his trip from a few years ago but instead of overwhelming me with babble I almost had to drag it out of him. His parting comment was google 'Lost presumed fed' if you want to look at my blog.

Now I've read quite a few bike travel books and World tour blogs in the last couple of years and also met a few media savvy bloggers but I have to say this is the best thing I've read bar non and all by a very 'normal' unassuming bloke doing his own trip.

This is the first page http://www.travelblog.org/Europe/United ... 17406.html
towards the bottom is a 'next entry' icon which .................... well you know :roll: .

If you read this Stu thanks for a fantastic blog and adding some inspiration for a trip that's been bouncing around my head for a year or so :handgestures-thumbup: .

ps. you should write a book :greetings-clappingyellow:
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a whole new World.
Tonibe63 Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby Noel » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:32 pm

I don't know him but excellent read thanks for sharing.
Noel Offline

*Mr. Secretary*
*Mr. Secretary*

Postby Tonibe63 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:14 pm

Noel wrote:I don't know him but excellent read thanks for sharing.

:? :? There's about 20 pages to read if you click 'next entry' near the bottom of each page :? :?
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a whole new World.
Tonibe63 Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby Noel » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:12 pm

Tonibe63 wrote:
Noel wrote:I don't know him but excellent read thanks for sharing.

:? :? There's about 20 pages to read if you click 'next entry' near the bottom of each page :? :?

I found it 2.30pm!! When you told me about it! :roll:
Noel Offline

*Mr. Secretary*
*Mr. Secretary*

Postby BLUE(UK) » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:32 pm

It's Desmo666 off KTM forum and UKGSer.
I only realised who he was when my work van wouldn't start and called out the council cavalry. Whilst waiting I thought I'd kill a bit of time fidgeting with one of the bikes and when Stu turned up, he was telling me that he had a 990adv and that's how I realised who he was on the forums.

Nice fella really with a few good miles on his clocks. 8-)
Then there's the guy who emails 50 questions about a 10 quid product, all of which could be answered by googling. So you answer and try to help, he emails again with more and you reply again. After the 5th email its obvious he doesnt actually want it and is basically wasting your time so you reply slower. Then he puts a post on a forum about how you're a twat because you're slow to reply so that whole process just costs you time and reputation, all because the bloke is a massive """"..
BLUE(UK) Offline

Paid Member 2016
Paid Member 2016

Postby desmo666 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:57 pm

Erm , hi people, thanks for reading the blog.
Bit embarrassed as when i was doing it only thought my family and close very bored friends might like to see where I might be, so they could send red cross food parcels or take the mickey when things didn`t go right.
was a pleasure to meet Tonibe63 at Ashby Folville the other night,(the dodgy bloke ! must have been my mate Dave )
If the blog gives anyone the encouragement to get out and ride great, you will not regret it for a minute.
Take the rough with the smooth and be prepared to smile lots...
cheers and thanks for the comments
desmo666 Offline

Return to Ride Reports