Pickering

Open forum for ride reports, videos and photos of rideouts, etc.

Moderator: Digga

Postby skunkyd » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:21 pm

So, Pickering, a new part of the country to ride for most, in fact the last time I rode up there was probably around 2008.

A brilliant Larf turn out of 16, two groups, one led by Noel (cheers dude), the second by me.

The route started at Pickering, heading east towards Scarborough, north on to Ravenscar for lunch where we were welcomed by the most unlikely cafe owner who was pleased to see us I think on a cool coastal day, he even took our picture for his Facebook page! http://www.ravenscartearooms.com/ then north up towards Whitby, it was so clear I could see Dracs cathedral...before running west across to Glaisdale and then back down to Kirkbymoorside.

Out of all the places I’ve led I have to agree with Noel, 10 out of 10 on the difficulty scale as very few of the lanes are signposted, on top of that, several were illegally padlocked and or had trees felled on them.

That aside, it was still a good days riding and possibly a two dayer for the future as we could do the Sutton Bank run on one of the days....thanks again to all of those who made it such an enjoyable day, and here’s a summary of the day from where I was sat

http://vimeo.com/93301936

If you have any video footage or photos then please add them to this thread.
Skunky
skunkyd Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby Noel » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:29 pm

Nice vid and a great reminder.
I had my video thingy with me but left it recording and never swapped the battery will have a look and see if its worth editing when I pick it up from slick's.
Noel Offline

*Mr. Secretary*
*Mr. Secretary*

Postby BLUE(UK) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:06 pm

Very good SkunkyD, it confirms, I DO need a new rear tyre. 8-)
Then there's the guy who emails 50 questions about a 10 quid product, all of which could be answered by googling. So you answer and try to help, he emails again with more and you reply again. After the 5th email its obvious he doesnt actually want it and is basically wasting your time so you reply slower. Then he puts a post on a forum about how you're a twat because you're slow to reply so that whole process just costs you time and reputation, all because the bloke is a massive """"..
BLUE(UK) Offline

Paid Member 2016
Paid Member 2016

Postby skunkyd » Thu May 01, 2014 6:50 pm

Any more pictures?
Skunky
skunkyd Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby PaulG » Thu May 01, 2014 10:04 pm

Yes
Of all the things i have lost i miss my mind the most.
PaulG Offline

*Mr. Treasurer*
*Mr. Treasurer*

Return to Ride Reports