New Members - Please Post Here And Say Hi!

Forum for Admin Notices, Membership Information & Introductions. Find out how to join LARF and introduce yourself here, how you found us, what bikes you ride, etc.

Moderator: Digga

Postby Tonibe63 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:27 pm

Jafferau was my favourite trail for scenery, best attempted from the far end and work your way back towards Bardonecchia. There is also an upper and lower trail on Jafferau. Here's a ride report I did a few years ago, it gives details of how to find the start
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8436
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a whole new World.
Tonibe63 Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby XL Ian » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:18 am

Tony

I tried going up from Bardonecchia using what I think is a service road for the ski lift? Might have been OK if I didn't have all my luggage on - it was VERY steep! Got to within sight of the top but crashed a few times and completely ran out of energy. I would pack differently next time - no top box, soft panniers with all heavy things low etc. You live and learn!
Attachments
image.jpeg
(159.52 KiB) Not downloaded yet
XL Ian Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby XL Ian » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:22 pm

As I've never been to the Crewe and Harper before and don't yet know any of you guys could you tell me where you meet (in the pub itself?? In a meeting room??). Or how I'll know it's you. Cheers
XL Ian Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby Tonibe63 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:59 pm

Not sure who will be there this month as Martin is away with work.
They would be in the pub so follow your nose to a corner that smells of p1ss :lol: ;) .
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a whole new World.
Tonibe63 Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby bmk » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:11 pm

:text-yeahthat: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not sure if many will turn up tomorrow, but more off road riders turn up at the Tuesday meets that Paul organises for sure. :ugeek:

"Style is not a decoration added to a functional structure, it is a work of art."
bmk Offline

Postby XL Ian » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:54 pm

Thanks. I'll be there tonight anyway. Where and when does the Tuesday meet happen?
XL Ian Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby bmk » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:56 pm

Not sure if you'll get this in time Ian, but only just seen your post as I'm sat killing time at Cologne Airport. As you enter the pub by the main door, the lads (I say lads, but not one under 45 :roll: ) are usually sat on the left as you enter in the slightly raised seating area by the window.

"Style is not a decoration added to a functional structure, it is a work of art."
bmk Offline

Postby XL Ian » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:06 pm

Sat here now but doesn't seem to be anyone about? Just a few guys who are racing at Donington but they don't know who LARF are??
XL Ian Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby XL Ian » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:06 pm

Not a great start - arrived 7.50ish. Got a drink and waited. Asked a couple people if they were LARF but they knew nothing about it. Waited until 8.30 and checked again. Still no one. Back at home for 9. Was I in the wrong place?? On the bright side, the VFR had its 1st ride out since its MOT and I had a beer!
XL Ian Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby bmk » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:35 am

XL Ian wrote:Where and when does the Tuesday meet happen?

Here's the details for the Tuesday meeting - link here

Generally, there's only a handful of us turn up on a Thursday, and as I was away this time and a couple of the others also had issues, I guess there was always a chance that it may have ended up a no show, hence Tony's warning. Sorry it was a bit of a bum start for you, but Paul tells me there's generally a few more at the Tuesday meetings, the majority of whom do ride off road, unlike the Thursday lot.

bmk Offline

Postby XL Ian » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:58 am

Ok. No problem. I'll try the Tuesday meet. Thanks
XL Ian Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby NoelD » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:19 pm

Hello to all

Live in Groby Ride 1200GS for Touring - etc
Done a few courses , BMW Off Road skills Lev 1 & 2 booked on Lev 3 July time
did a few green lanes a couple of years back. Have now taken the leap of faith & purchased WR450 from Redline take delivery this weekend.
Reasons for joining always use other peoples experience & Knowledge ..... they probably learnt the hard & painful way :!:
looking to broaden my 2 wheel experience & Fun.
IAM - RBLR - LRBB member also

ps Sorry to cause confusion by adding another Noel

£10 paid today

Regards
NoelD
NoelD Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby Keithc » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:51 pm

Hi Team,

New to the site, ride ST1100, looking for a ride out buddy on ad hoc basis, went over to Ain on the Pan last year for a couple of weeks, brilliant. Looking to maybe go again next year. Guys I rode out with in the village have sold their bikes, hence looking for a buddy.
Keithc Offline

Just looking.
Just looking.

Postby PaulG » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:27 pm

Wekcome Keith
Thre is a breakfast run every month so worth popping along to that.
Where abouts roughly are you as some of us just go out for a ride for the hell of it
Of all the things i have lost i miss my mind the most.
PaulG Offline

*Mr. Treasurer*
*Mr. Treasurer*

Postby Bilko » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:19 pm

Hello Everyone !

Names Bill, fifty something and living in LFE. I work as an IT Consultant and have just bought a KTM 450 exc. Married for 30+ years with 6 children. Up until about 5 years ago I did lots of Green Lanes in Spain - mostly around Barcelona/Ebre valley. Just fly out there and ride for 3-4 days, shower and back home....

I decided to take the plunge in the UK and fancy some Green Lanes/ Tracks to help me unwind from a stressful job. I have no airs and graces and am happy to engage with genuine warmhearted people. I use to ride pretty hard - gotta find out if I can still do that?
I enjoy a pint, good food and talk about anything apart from work ! I'm well read and culturally diverse.

Would love to hear from anyone who'd like some company on a few trips (short ones to begin please)

I tend to work in London Monday to Friday so rides at weekends

Cheers
Bilko Offline

Just looking.
Just looking.

PreviousNext

Return to LARF Forum Admin Notices - Membership Information - Newbie Introductions