Hiya from Leicester

Forum for Admin Notices, Membership Information & Introductions. Find out how to join LARF and introduce yourself here, how you found us, what bikes you ride, etc.

Moderator: Digga

Postby overland » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:13 pm

Hi all, just got a MK1 CRM250 for greenlaning and plan to ride on a few rallies.
Total novice on the muddy stuff but have done a few trackdays.
Went upto Ashbymoto the other week to have a look, but way out of my league on the short coarse they were riding, so going to need some practice.
Still getting the riding kit sorted and need some amour to fit L/XL if anyones got some they want to sell cheap let me know.
Bought a CRM after reading good things about them but think I should of gone for something newer & sharper like a KTM or GasGas. What would you recommend with the budget of 1200 - 1500 quid......
Thanks.
overland Offline

Postby bmk » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:38 pm

overland wrote:Bought a CRM after reading good things about them but think I should of gone for something newer & sharper like a KTM or GasGas. What would you recommend with the budget of 1200 - 1500 quid......
Thanks.

Hi and :text-welcomewave:

Don't rush to change the CRM, they're still more than competent on the lanes. Get a few more rides in and you can then perhaps make a more informed decision about what you want / need. :handgestures-thumbup:

"Style is not a decoration added to a functional structure, it is a work of art."
bmk Offline

Postby skunkyd » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:27 am

Welcome along Overland. As Bmk has mentioned there's nothing wrong with a CRM, very capable machines plus parts are pretty handy up at Leisure Trail.

Hope to see you out on the lanes soon.
Skunky
skunkyd Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby Tonibe63 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:44 am

Hi Overland and welcome to Larf :handgestures-thumbup: .
Ride the CRM, pick it up and try again as there's nothing wrong with it for using on the lanes and doing Rallies (both of which you need to be road legal).
If you want to do mx or enduro type events where you don't need to be road legal then maybe a lighter/sharper bike would be better. Either way the CRM will be fine until you decide whether you enjoy falling off or not :doh .
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a whole new World.
Tonibe63 Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby Digga » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:55 am

Welcome

Now't wrong with a CRM
"The day you become old is the day you're not looking for new experiences anymore."

"Quisque comoedus est."

perspicuus lux lucis , caligo umbra.
Digga Offline

*Mr. Chairman* Moderator
*Mr. Chairman*  Moderator

Postby overland » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:00 am

Thanks for the replys, going to be sticking with the CRM :auto-dirtbike:

Going to try and drop into the meeting on the 3rd.

Happy Christmas everyone.
overland Offline

Postby IAN T-B » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:12 pm

:text-welcomewave:
D2D 2012 - "In it to win it" - scratch that - Ertzberg 2013 "in it hoping to be able to come home afterwards from it"

http://www.mce-online.co.uk

IAN T-B Offline

Long Standing Member
Long Standing Member

Return to LARF Forum Admin Notices - Membership Information - Newbie Introductions