Hello From Montana USA.

Forum for Admin Notices, Membership Information & Introductions. Find out how to join LARF and introduce yourself here, how you found us, what bikes you ride, etc.

Moderator: Digga

Postby Pd41 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:06 am

I found your club on the internet. I have been researching a motorcycle trip through the UK and Ireland. I hope to be able to make the trip in the summer of 2015. I live and ride (KLR 650) in northwest Montana. If anyone is planning on making a trip to ride in Montana I would be glad to help them out. If anyone has information that could help me as I plan my trip to the UK, bike rental, routs, camping areas, etc... I would greatly appreciate it. If you are interested' look up "Riding Magruder "day 1-5 on YouTube. That is near where I live.
Pd41 Offline

Postby Digga » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:17 am

Greets Pd41, you're most welcome.

I'm sure, you'll find some info' regarding Ireland from the ride reports area, a gang of inmates did a 'circuit' not so long ago.

Not too sure on bike rentals in the UK - not something i've looked into. I know that HD do bike rentals - google must be your friend on this one :D
"The day you become old is the day you're not looking for new experiences anymore."

"Quisque comoedus est."

perspicuus lux lucis , caligo umbra.
Digga Offline

*Mr. Chairman* Moderator
*Mr. Chairman*  Moderator

Postby BLUE(UK) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:31 pm

Although that we're pretty central I do think that perhaps advrider.com would giv you a more better coverage of people offering their local advice.
Then there's the guy who emails 50 questions about a 10 quid product, all of which could be answered by googling. So you answer and try to help, he emails again with more and you reply again. After the 5th email its obvious he doesnt actually want it and is basically wasting your time so you reply slower. Then he puts a post on a forum about how you're a twat because you're slow to reply so that whole process just costs you time and reputation, all because the bloke is a massive """"..
BLUE(UK) Offline

Paid Member 2016
Paid Member 2016

Postby ktm-geoff » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:08 pm

At last LARF is going global, welcome on board buddy don't be afraid to ask for help, i'm sure we'll all help out
ktm-geoff Offline

Spending too much time here.
Spending too much time here.

Postby Pd41 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:11 am

Thanks for the replies. I will keep researching the internet. I really want to make the trip and see your beautiful country.
Again if anyone wants information on my area of Montana I will be happy to help them.
Pd41 Offline

Postby bmk » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:10 am

Hi and :text-welcomewave:

For motorcycle rental, take a look here, they appear to have a good range of bikes available - Open Road Rentals

"Style is not a decoration added to a functional structure, it is a work of art."
bmk Offline

Postby Pd41 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:06 pm

I will look at there web site. Thanks for the info.
Pd41 Offline

Postby chris426f » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:50 pm

bmk wrote:Hi and :text-welcomewave:

For motorcycle rental, take a look here, they appear to have a good range of bikes available - Open Road Rentals

I was just going to reply the same......

I used these guys last summer for a 10 days ride to Norway(ride report on LARF), they supplied me with a low mileage immaculately prepared BMW GS, with luggage and sat-nav. All their bikes are nearly new, low miles and well prepared. They will deliver too, so you could ask them to deliver to your your first nights accommodation if you don't want to go to them.

Chris
chris426f Offline

Paid Member 2016
Paid Member 2016

Postby chris426f » Wed May 07, 2014 8:16 pm

Hi Paul,

Hope you are well and business doing good. There's a review on the Norway trip here somewhere and as you recall the ferry crash at Harwich got some BBC new coverage.

Not been out on bike as had a big off last Oct. Only just getting fit again, in fact I got discharged from Nottingham QMC today 7 months and a day after the crash!

You getting out on the KTM EXC, we used to do a ride down your way, if we do it again we should invite you along. Forgot to mention that as well as a top roadbike business, you have some rental Enduro bikes.....

Keep up the great work,

Chris
chris426f Offline

Paid Member 2016
Paid Member 2016

Return to LARF Forum Admin Notices - Membership Information - Newbie Introductions