Noob near Loughborough

Forum for Admin Notices, Membership Information & Introductions. Find out how to join LARF and introduce yourself here, how you found us, what bikes you ride, etc.

Moderator: Digga

Postby CurlyGirl » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:08 pm

Hi all.

Have just moved to the area so thought I'd get myself signed up here with you lot.

I have a Yamaha FZ1-N, (naked bikes rock!), and need to start checking out the local bike meets. I'm completely new to the area so haven't a clue where they are at the moment.... yet.

I have, however, found the A6006 / A606 :D

Catch y'all soon.

CG
CurlyGirl Offline

User avatar
Just looking.
Just looking.
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:05 pm
Location: Stanford on Soar, Notts.

Postby CurlyGirl » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:27 pm

Ooops! Sorry, about the double post.
CurlyGirl Offline

User avatar
Just looking.
Just looking.
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:05 pm
Location: Stanford on Soar, Notts.

Postby bmk » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

CurlyGirl wrote:Ooops! Sorry, about the double post.


No problem, it's gone now. :lol:

Welcome along CG. :text-welcomewave:

We are not a large club, but pretty friendly, and quite a few of us have naked bikes as well. :lol: :lol: The rest tend to ride off road. ;)

We have a regular meet up at The Station in Swannington on the first Monday of the month at 8.00pm. We also meet up on Sunday for breakfast once a month (usually the fourth, unless it clashes with a bank holiday or other event), at various cafes in the area.

Check the relevant posts on the forum, or the Facebook page as well for the Breakfast Club. We usually have a couple of women turn up on their bikes, as well as a few on pillion, so it's not all old, sweaty blokes. :lol: The next one is this coming Sunday (23rd), and is at the Grange in Asfordby, conveniently located just off the A6006 just before Melton Mowbray. ;)
.
Image

"Style is not a decoration added to a functional structure, it is a work of art."
bmk Offline

User avatar
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10538
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:56 pm
Location: Not far away.

Postby skunkyd » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:24 pm

Welcome to the club CG.

As Bmk has already said some of us have road bikes, some have them and don't use them :oops: I worked out I've run more miles this year than my bikes done in 4! :dance:

Off road for me mainly :auto-dirtbike:
Skunky
*************************************
skunkyd Offline

User avatar
Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017
 
Posts: 3765
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:45 pm
Location: Narborough

Postby bmk » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:41 pm

skunkyd wrote:...... some have them and don't use them :oops:


I can see a New Year's resolution there Rob. :D ;)
.
Image

"Style is not a decoration added to a functional structure, it is a work of art."
bmk Offline

User avatar
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10538
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:56 pm
Location: Not far away.

Postby Tonibe63 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:24 pm

bmk wrote:
skunkyd wrote:...... some have them and don't use them :oops:


I can see a New Year's resolution there Rob. :D ;)


I'm glad you didn't quote the bit about running :hand: :lol: :lol:
Welcome along CG and hopefully see you at one of the meetings or Breakfast club :text-welcomewave:
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a whole new World.
Tonibe63 Offline

User avatar
Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017
 
Posts: 4203
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:51 pm
Location: In a World of my own

Postby CurlyGirl » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:33 pm

bmk wrote:
CurlyGirl wrote:Ooops! Sorry, about the double post.


No problem, it's gone now. :lol:

Welcome along CG. :text-welcomewave:

We are not a large club, but pretty friendly, and quite a few of us have naked bikes as well. :lol: :lol: The rest tend to ride off road. ;)

We have a regular meet up at The Station in Swannington on the first Monday of the month at 8.00pm. We also meet up on Sunday for breakfast once a month (usually the fourth, unless it clashes with a bank holiday or other event), at various cafes in the area.

Check the relevant posts on the forum, or the Facebook page as well for the Breakfast Club. We usually have a couple of women turn up on their bikes, as well as a few on pillion, so it's not all old, sweaty blokes. :lol: The next one is this coming Sunday (23rd), and is at the Grange in Asfordby, conveniently located just off the A6006 just before Melton Mowbray. ;)


Many thanks! Thanks also for the info... all sounds good. Have been involved with small rider groups / clubs for many years, especially in Wiltshire where I've just moved from so I was glad to find you guys up here.

See you soon at a meet up.
CurlyGirl Offline

User avatar
Just looking.
Just looking.
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:05 pm
Location: Stanford on Soar, Notts.

Postby CurlyGirl » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:40 pm

skunkyd wrote:Welcome to the club CG.

As Bmk has already said some of us have road bikes, some have them and don't use them :oops: I worked out I've run more miles this year than my bikes done in 4! :dance:

Off road for me mainly :auto-dirtbike:


Thanks! Haha yes... I know how great off-roading is. Have spent many fun & muddy hours off-roading on the Ridgeway down in Wiltshire, between Swindon and Oxford.
CurlyGirl Offline

User avatar
Just looking.
Just looking.
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:05 pm
Location: Stanford on Soar, Notts.

Postby CurlyGirl » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:41 pm

Tonibe63 wrote:Welcome along CG and hopefully see you at one of the meetings or Breakfast club :text-welcomewave:


Thank you.... will do!
CurlyGirl Offline

User avatar
Just looking.
Just looking.
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:05 pm
Location: Stanford on Soar, Notts.

Postby BLUE(UK) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:15 pm

CurlyGirl wrote:
skunkyd wrote:Welcome to the club CG.

As Bmk has already said some of us have road bikes, some have them and don't use them :oops: I worked out I've run more miles this year than my bikes done in 4! :dance:

Off road for me mainly :auto-dirtbike:


Thanks! Haha yes... I know how great off-roading is. Have spent many fun & muddy hours off-roading on the Ridgeway down in Wiltshire, between Swindon and Oxford.


If you've got access to a dirt bike then ride the midlands and northern lanes too.
Then there's the guy who emails 50 questions about a 10 quid product, all of which could be answered by googling. So you answer and try to help, he emails again with more and you reply again. After the 5th email its obvious he doesnt actually want it and is basically wasting your time so you reply slower. Then he puts a post on a forum about how you're a twat because you're slow to reply so that whole process just costs you time and reputation, all because the bloke is a massive """"..
BLUE(UK) Offline

User avatar
Paid Member 2016
Paid Member 2016
 
Posts: 4775
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:57 pm
Location: Shitsville


Return to LARF Forum Admin Notices - Membership Information - Newbie Introductions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron