Hey

Forum for Admin Notices, Membership Information & Introductions. Find out how to join LARF and introduce yourself here, how you found us, what bikes you ride, etc.

Moderator: Digga

Postby Doolz » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:02 pm

Hi all,

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself as a new Forum member and hopefully a full LARF member if you guys are still active.
I live 5 miles south of Leicester and I've been riding trails on and off for about 2 years, but still consider myself very much a novice.
I currently own a KTM 450 exc, which I guess is probably more bike than I can really handle but it was at a price I couldn't turn down.

Myself and a few mates(non-LARF membersyet) have been riding local lanes mainly as transport for the bikes is a problem that we're working on.

Anyway I hope to catch up with you guys for a ride out sometime.

Cheers
Doolz
Doolz Offline

Postby BLUE(UK) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:52 pm

Welcome Doolz.
A 450 is just enough for the novice rider in my opinion.
Then there's the guy who emails 50 questions about a 10 quid product, all of which could be answered by googling. So you answer and try to help, he emails again with more and you reply again. After the 5th email its obvious he doesnt actually want it and is basically wasting your time so you reply slower. Then he puts a post on a forum about how you're a twat because you're slow to reply so that whole process just costs you time and reputation, all because the bloke is a massive """"..
BLUE(UK) Offline

Paid Member 2016
Paid Member 2016

Postby bmk » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:15 pm

:text-welcomewave:

"Style is not a decoration added to a functional structure, it is a work of art."
bmk Offline

Postby Doolz » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:34 pm

Is LARF still active with ride outs in the members forum?
Doolz Offline

Postby bmk » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:39 pm

Doolz wrote:Is LARF still active with ride outs in the members forum?

In honesty, it's very quiet at the moment, but there have been a couple of members organising rides recently, although the poor take up may have discouraged them somewhat. I haven't ridden off road for some time now, but hopefully someone who does will come along with a more detailed answer.

"Style is not a decoration added to a functional structure, it is a work of art."
bmk Offline

Postby dunc » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:12 pm

bmk wrote:
Doolz wrote:Is LARF still active with ride outs in the members forum?

In honesty, it's very quiet at the moment, but there have been a couple of members organising rides recently, although the poor take up may have discouraged them somewhat. I haven't ridden off road for some time now, but hopefully someone who does will come along with a more detailed answer.

He's right, if you look at the recent history you'll see I've posted a few rides out with little or no interest. I may be wrong but unfortunately I think there may have been a couple of people join purely to 'lift' the route and thdn clear off with their mates, or not do their fair share of gates/pull their weight etc. It's a real shame if thats the case as the larf lads have been great in the 4 years since I joined, in particular a big personal thank you to Mr Skunky for all your hard work. For a measley £10 a year you get a guided off road tour with like minded people every month, surely It's a no brainer, worth every penny, and some!
I'm fairly busy this month but hope to post up again in August so keep an eye out, hopefully with a bit of determination we can get the numbers and right sort of people back.
:auto-dirtbike:
dunc Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby bmk » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:00 pm

:text-goodpost:

bmk Offline

Postby Doolz » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:00 am

Cheers for the honest replies. I totally agree £10 is nothing to support something you enjoy and I certainly wasn't here just to lift the routes, but saying that I would like to get to know them and get on some rides out with like minded people, more the merrier I say...

I'll join and hopefully things will pick up around here.

Doolz
Doolz Offline

Postby Digga » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:13 pm

There will probably be more activity in the off road areas once the holiday period is over and the typical 'season' arrives when the weather gets a bit damper ( if thats possible!!).
"The day you become old is the day you're not looking for new experiences anymore."

"Quisque comoedus est."

perspicuus lux lucis , caligo umbra.
Digga Offline

*Mr. Chairman* Moderator
*Mr. Chairman*  Moderator

Return to LARF Forum Admin Notices - Membership Information - Newbie Introductions