The Salt Box - Sunday February 23rd

Sunday breakfast meet up at a cafe once a month. All welcome.

Moderator: Digga

Postby Admin » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:56 am

Sunday February 23rd

Salt Box Cafe
Derby Road
Hatton
South Derbyshire
DE65 5PT

Tel: 01283 813189

Website link - click here.

Google Maps link - click here.

Review.
Do I look like I care?
Any complaints - contact Digga! :lol: :wink:
Admin Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby bmk » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:01 pm

Not as sunny as yesterday, but it satyed dry so that was a bonus after last month's downpour. :D Nice to meet Mrs and Mr Timeout :D who bolstered the turnout to seven bikes, an impressive three of which were ridden by ladies. :greetings-clappingyellow: :handgestures-thumbup: Must be the highest ratio we've had so far - we need to see Julie out on her new Kawasaki soon! :D

Are you there Graham / Paul - no more lazy Sunday lie ins, get them bikes out of hibernation. :lol: :lol: ;)

Good luck to Lou on her CBT tomorrow. :handgestures-thumbup: :greetings-wavingyellow:

"Style is not a decoration added to a functional structure, it is a work of art."
bmk Offline

Postby Tonibe63 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:33 pm

Bloody side winds were a nightmare on the way back but another 84 valueable miles out on the bikes.
Thanks again Martin for organising, if it wasn't for the breakfast club I don't think we'd have got the bikes out over the winter :handgestures-thumbup:
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a whole new World.
Tonibe63 Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby Jon King » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:44 pm

forgot about this!
http://www.FunBikes.co.uk

:) :) :) (REPRODUCED UNDER LICENCE FROM B8PPJ)

Jon King Offline

Paid Member 2016
Paid Member 2016

Postby bmk » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:53 pm

Jon King wrote:forgot about this!

Numpty, haven't you got a reminder alarm app for your smart phone thingy that you can put the dates in. :roll: :D ;)

"Style is not a decoration added to a functional structure, it is a work of art."
bmk Offline

Postby Digga » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:55 pm

bmk wrote:
Jon King wrote:forgot about this!

Numpty, haven't you got a reminder alarm app for your smart phone thingy that you can put the dates in. :roll: :D ;)

He manages to get the other 'dates' in OK :dance:

p.s Noel was right - nice food … my poached eggs were great
"The day you become old is the day you're not looking for new experiences anymore."

"Quisque comoedus est."

perspicuus lux lucis , caligo umbra.
Digga Offline

*Mr. Chairman* Moderator
*Mr. Chairman*  Moderator

Postby bmk » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:01 pm

Digga wrote:He manages to get the other 'dates' in OK :dance:

p.s Noel was right - nice food … my poached eggs were great

Mmmm, maybe he didn't forget and was just 'distracted'. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Certainly, plenty of choices and too much temptation on the breakfast menu, I need to start looking at the healthier options. :roll: :roll:

bmk Offline

Postby Tonibe63 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:44 pm

bmk wrote:Good luck to Lou on her CBT tomorrow. :handgestures-thumbup: :greetings-wavingyellow:

CBT renewed and as she was the only one booked in for today she got 3 hours of one to one road training on her bike followed by half an hour on a 600 doing mod 1 stuff on the car park :clap: .
She was offered the chance to take the 600 out on the road but felt too kn@ckered to concentrate :doh. Came back really positive about how much easier the 600's are to ride slowly and regretting not taking it out on the road :doh :doh .
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a whole new World.
Tonibe63 Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby bmk » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:49 pm

Tonibe63 wrote:Came back really positive about how much easier the 600's are to ride slowly and regretting not taking it out on the road :doh :doh .

Great news, give her our congratulations. :handgestures-thumbup: It doesn't matter how many times you tell them a 600 is easier to ride than a 125 they never truly believe you until they try it. :roll: :D

I really hope she's encouraged to go on and have a go at Direct Access. :handgestures-fingerscrossed: :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

bmk Offline

Postby Digga » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:06 pm

pass on my congratulations Tony :greetings-wavingyellow: :greetings-wavingyellow:
"The day you become old is the day you're not looking for new experiences anymore."

"Quisque comoedus est."

perspicuus lux lucis , caligo umbra.
Digga Offline

*Mr. Chairman* Moderator
*Mr. Chairman*  Moderator

Postby skunkyd » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:19 pm

Tonibe63 wrote:
bmk wrote:Good luck to Lou on her CBT tomorrow. :handgestures-thumbup: :greetings-wavingyellow:

CBT renewed and as she was the only one booked in for today she got 3 hours of one to one road training on her bike followed by half an hour on a 600 doing mod 1 stuff on the car park :clap: .
She was offered the chance to take the 600 out on the road but felt too kn@ckered to concentrate :doh. Came back really positive about how much easier the 600's are to ride slowly and regretting not taking it out on the road :doh :doh .

:handgestures-thumbup:
Skunky
skunkyd Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby BLUE(UK) » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:44 pm

Tonibe63 wrote:

Good luck if she takes things further. :D
Then there's the guy who emails 50 questions about a 10 quid product, all of which could be answered by googling. So you answer and try to help, he emails again with more and you reply again. After the 5th email its obvious he doesnt actually want it and is basically wasting your time so you reply slower. Then he puts a post on a forum about how you're a twat because you're slow to reply so that whole process just costs you time and reputation, all because the bloke is a massive """"..
BLUE(UK) Offline

Paid Member 2016
Paid Member 2016

Return to The Sunday Breakfast Club