Sunday July 26th - Canalside Farm Cafe

Sunday breakfast meet up at a cafe once a month. All welcome.

Moderator: Digga

Postby Admin » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:18 am

A few have mentioned that they prefer the 10.30 am meet up as it's an extra half hour in bed and the summer cafe's area bit further out to ride as well, so no problem to change.

Last breakfast before Ireland!

Sunday 26th July at 10.30am.

Canalside Farm Cafe
Mill Lane
Great Haywood
Staffordshire
ST18 0RQ

Tel: 01889 881747

Website

Facebook Page

Do I look like I care?
Any complaints - contact Digga! :lol: :wink:
Admin Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby bmk » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:33 pm

If anyone's going, Charly and I are going to be at the Crewe & Harpur at about 9.15am in the morning.

"Style is not a decoration added to a functional structure, it is a work of art."
bmk Offline

Postby BLUE(UK) » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:39 pm

bmk wrote:If anyone's going, Charly and I are going to be at the Crewe & Harpur at about 9.15am in the morning.

Was it worth the ride?
Then there's the guy who emails 50 questions about a 10 quid product, all of which could be answered by googling. So you answer and try to help, he emails again with more and you reply again. After the 5th email its obvious he doesnt actually want it and is basically wasting your time so you reply slower. Then he puts a post on a forum about how you're a twat because you're slow to reply so that whole process just costs you time and reputation, all because the bloke is a massive """"..
BLUE(UK) Offline

Paid Member 2016
Paid Member 2016

Postby bmk » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:42 pm

BLUE(UK) wrote:Was it worth the ride?

It was worth the ride, nice roads, nice cafe, but only four of us made it. :(

"Style is not a decoration added to a functional structure, it is a work of art."
bmk Offline

Postby Tonibe63 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:52 pm

Forecast wasn't good but arrived fairly dry. On the way over I pulled in some good smaller roads around Shugborough Hall/Tixall area which I've been meaning to ride for a few years but never had a reason to be out that way on the bike :ugeek: .
Martin, Charly, Diggles and myself sat inside chatting as it pee'd it down outside and it was getting busy despite the weather, in the sunshine I think it would be popular and definately worth a return visit.
Arrived home more than a little damp but glad to have had the reason to get out on the bike otherwise I would have just sat at home on my arse moaning about the rain :D :D .
Thanks Martin :handgestures-thumbup:
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a whole new World.
Tonibe63 Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby Digga » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:27 pm

Twas' a nice ride out , i found a quite direct route to the place along some half decent back lanes. the crap bit was the ride to Burton, but once out on the Shobnall road all was good. I recognised the reservoir that we passed over a while ago - on one of the treasure hunts i believe.

There was A LOT of water about on the way back ( may as well get used to it for Ireland :roll: )
"The day you become old is the day you're not looking for new experiences anymore."

"Quisque comoedus est."

perspicuus lux lucis , caligo umbra.
Digga Offline

*Mr. Chairman* Moderator
*Mr. Chairman*  Moderator

Postby Tonibe63 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:33 pm

It was raining again yesterday but we decided it would be good wet weather experience for Lou so headed out Northwest direction around 11am.
First tea stop was at the new CMC showroom in Cannock before heading off around Cannock Chase and called in to the Canalside Farm Cafe about 2.30pm. Nice nosh and cuppa before heading back across country.
These cafe's are great for some midweek miles too :handgestures-thumbup: .
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a whole new World.
Tonibe63 Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Return to The Sunday Breakfast Club