Stoneleigh - February 28th

Sunday breakfast meet up at a cafe once a month. All welcome.

Moderator: Digga

Postby Admin » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:05 pm

Following some valuable feedback from Tony, it looks as if the Old Post Office at Newtown Linford will be unsuitable for us, due to various issues with parking, proximity to Bradgate Park, numbers of visitors and partial ongoing re-furbishment restricting available seating space in an already small cafe. :shock:

So, all in all, a bit of a fuck up from me on that one, so moving swiftly on to Plan B. :lol:

Alison and I went to a show at Stoneleigh last week and there used to be a bit of a pokey farm / coffe shop on site. But, they've now moved into a much larger site across the way, which was really nice, and they now open Sunday's which they didn't before, and the food / layout was good.

So, Farmers Fayre Farm Shop & Cafe it is then, on Sunday 28th February at 10.30am

Farmers Fayre
National Agricultural Centre
Stoneleigh Park
Kenilworth
Warwickshire
CV8 2LZ

Facebook Link

As a bonus, for anyone that wants to go, The Race Retro Show is also on at Stoneleigh that weekend, though I thought it was a bit pricey to get in on the day. In the car, it was the M1, M69 and A46, which is a bit shite on a bike, but I've since logged a nice MotoGoLoco route from mine to miss all that, and will post it up later on. :D

Race Retro Link

Do I look like I care?
Any complaints - contact Digga! :lol: :wink:
Admin Offline

Administrator
Administrator

Postby Digga » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:06 pm

I also thought that the old P.O would be a little small and was going to do a reccy myself but forgot :doh

saying that there is a nice place just next door, but not sure whether it opens on Sundays. As said , parking is a nightmare for cars, i suppose bikes could find space. Bradgate Park is really popular with families on Sundays though..
"The day you become old is the day you're not looking for new experiences anymore."

"Quisque comoedus est."

perspicuus lux lucis , caligo umbra.
Digga Offline

*Mr. Chairman* Moderator
*Mr. Chairman*  Moderator

Postby bmk » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:13 pm

Digga wrote:........saying that there is a nice place just next door, but not sure whether it opens on Sundays. As said , parking is a nightmare for cars, i suppose bikes could find space. Bradgate Park is really popular with families on Sundays though..

Tony mentioned The Grey Lady as well, plus the same reservations, so I have it down for a reccy visit one sunny Sunday. ;)

"Style is not a decoration added to a functional structure, it is a work of art."
bmk Offline

Postby bmk » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:11 pm

For anyone interested, here's my route on MotoGoLoco, via A447, A5, Fosse Way - link here

Reverse route back again - link.

"Style is not a decoration added to a functional structure, it is a work of art."
bmk Offline

Postby Side stand » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:22 pm

Hi,
Your route is a good one with much better roads for bikes, I passes within a couple of miles of where Graham and I live so a bit nearer the time we could always arrange to meet in Market Bosworth or somewhere nearby if you fancy it and ride over in a bigger group.

Cheers

Paul
Side stand Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby bmk » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:49 pm

Side stand wrote:Your route is a good one with much better roads for bikes, I passes within a couple of miles of where Graham and I live so a bit nearer the time we could always arrange to meet somewhere nearby if you fancy it and ride over in a bigger group.

Sounds good, how about the lay by on the A447 just before the Texaco Garage, before the Mallory Park turn off - location link - 9.45 am?

bmk Offline

Postby xrut » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:22 am

bmk wrote:
Side stand wrote:Your route is a good one with much better roads for bikes, I passes within a couple of miles of where Graham and I live so a bit nearer the time we could always arrange to meet somewhere nearby if you fancy it and ride over in a bigger group.

Sounds good, how about the lay by on the A447 just before the Texaco Garage, before the Mallory Park turn off - location link - 9.45 am?

ok if me and sandra tag along?
speed is your friend unless you are going to fast to stop then its your enemy
xrut Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby bmk » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:02 am

xrut wrote:
bmk wrote:

ok if me and sandra tag along?

No problem, see you there Dave. :ugeek:

bmk Offline

Postby xrut » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:39 pm

hi all sorry we won't be coming have a great day catch you on the next one :(
speed is your friend unless you are going to fast to stop then its your enemy
xrut Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby Side stand » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:19 am

bmk wrote:

Hi, yes me and Bro will be in lay-by 9.45
Side stand Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby bmk » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:06 pm

A few of the classic and Group B rally cars that were knocking around while we were having breakfast. 8-)

bmk Offline

Postby Digga » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:56 pm

nice pics - have you had a new camera?
"The day you become old is the day you're not looking for new experiences anymore."

"Quisque comoedus est."

Digga Offline

*Mr. Chairman* Moderator

Postby bmk » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:24 pm

Digga wrote:nice pics - have you had a new camera?

No, same old Lumix I've had for ages.

bmk Offline

Postby Digga » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:59 pm

must be down to atmospherics then ... they looked sharper than usual ;)

"Quisque comoedus est."

Digga Offline

*Mr. Chairman* Moderator

Postby Tonibe63 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:38 pm

Good to get out today and really enjoyed the route :ugeek: .
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a whole new World.
Tonibe63 Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Next

Return to The Sunday Breakfast Club