Brittany July 2013

Open forum for ride reports, videos and photos of rideouts, etc.

Moderator: Digga

Postby GL » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:28 pm

I'll start the ball rolling with a few pics of the past week in France

Paul, Anita, Noel, Kerry, Me and Julie meet up at the Hinckley Knight.

Picked up Richard and Christine along the Fosse Way

Stopped for lunch near Tetbury where we met up with Martin and Alison

Arranged to meet up with Paul and Julie at Newton Ferrers near Plymouth but didn't decide where. Ended up waving to each other across the river. Luckily it wasn't to far to get round and the invasion party was complete.

After an overnight crossing we arrived in Roscoff before breakfast.

Noel soon honed in on a pleasant Boloungarie to get a cake and coffee fix.

View from the sunny side of the hotel in Benodet

View from the front of the hotel in Benodet

Great restaurant who managed a table for 12

We went back a couple of nights later and they moved a family of 4 so that we could have 2 tables of 6.!!

Sea food platter for 1 !!!

lunch stop at a large lake on route to 2nd hotel at Lamballe

Sat was spent at St Michaels Mount.The weeks excitement was starting to tell on some.!! Sorry Martin but it had to go in.

Sunday was then spent on the ferry. A week of concentrating on being a pillion had taken its toll.

Nice easy blast back and home for 9:00 Sunday Evening

Great week. Many thanks to all for making it so, especially Martin for organising and Noel for leading.
Sidestands Bro-in-law
GL Offline

Paid Member 2017
Paid Member 2017

Postby bmk » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:11 am

GL wrote:The weeks excitement was starting to tell on some.!! Sorry Martin but it had to go in.

I'd have been surprised if it hadn't appeared. :D :D I've also got a bit more hair than I thought I had, so not all bad. :augie

It was a good week, certainly lucky with the weather only getting caught once in the rainon the way back to the hotel from Mont St. Michel. Brittany is a lovely place to spend time, and we struck lucky in choosing Benodet and Lamballe to stay, neither too big or too small and with plenty of places to eat, and my memory is of eating a lot, and the scales said I put on 5 pounds when I got back. :shock: But, France is about good roads and good food for me, so best not to scimp on either. :D

Graham has pretty much summed up the route down, along with the stop at Newton Ferrers, where we had the longest wait ever for food, whilst PaulG kept check on AA routfinder to see how late we'd be for the ferry. :lol: No worries, we arrived with almost precision timing, with a straight run from check in onto the waiting boat. :D

Off the ferry next morning and Noel's radar guided us effortlessley to the nearest boulangerie for breakfast, before hitting the coastal road for Benodet. Lunch stop was in a small town by the sea, fresh from the oven baguettes from the baker filled with by the butcher on the market. 8-)

Hot and sunny, all day, we found this cat relaxing in the shade of the fishing baskets.

Benodet was a good find, the hotel was in a great location with garaged parking for the bikes, a street back from the sea, and in easy walking distance of the bars and restaurants.

Most had a day off the bike on Wednesday, but Al and I took a short ride up the coast to Baie des Trépassés.

Next day was a hot ride to the Quiberon penisinsula, before heading up to Lamballe the following day. The roads clearing away from the coast, and the weather slightly cooler making riding a little eaiser and even more enjoyable, with a lakeside stop for lunch.

Final day a trip up to Mont St. Michel was a cracking ride once we'd cleared the diversion recommended to us a by the V-Max riding hotelier. We arrived a the Mount to find a colossal engineering project underway to reclaim much of the sea and surrounding area, which has seen salt marshes added by up to 20 hectares a year, most of the work should be finished next year in what has been an almost 20 year project, (though I was a bit tired to take it all in. ;) )

A quick ride up to the ferry on Sunday morning and it was pretty much all over. :( The bikes ran great with my F800R averaging 64 mpg, which I thought was pretty impressive. 8-)

Not sure where next, but I'm already thinking. ;)

"Style is not a decoration added to a functional structure, it is a work of art."
bmk Offline

Postby PaulG » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:29 pm

Can't believe that was over 3 years ago
Of all the things i have lost i miss my mind the most.
PaulG Offline

*Mr. Treasurer*
*Mr. Treasurer*

Return to Ride Reports